We're seeking an Acquisition Specialist in the areas of Federal Procurement and Acquisitions to expand our team at Centeva. You will need a knowledge of government contracting laws and policies, including techniques of contracting operations and familiarity with the practices of business and industry to conduct studies, develop policies, publish policies, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other material, and provide expert guidance to contracting personnel
Required knowledge includes:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) (DOD)
- Government Purchase Card Program policies, procedures, etc.
- Other contract laws, regulations, instructions, and policies, and a variety of research related instructional information on business and industry trends
The knowledge above provides only general guidance in the program area, but do not have specific applicability to a particular procurement and the wide variety of situations encountered. The employee interprets and applies the guidelines to policy issues and the specific needs of each individual procurement action. Guidelines are frequently inadequate in dealing with problems, and the employee must rely on experienced judgment and initiative in applying the guidelines and knowing when to deviate from traditional techniques and procedures in order to resolve unusual procurement problems and situations.
Other required skills include:
- Approximately 5 years of directly related experience with Federal Acquisition in either a Federal Agency or commercial entity involved with Government contracting
- Knowledge of a wide range of contracting methods and contract types to plan and carry out pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions. Methods include full and open competition, non-competitive, and Simplified Acquisition Procedures
- Analytical skill sufficient to comprehend, apply and communicate these regulations as necessary
- Skill in oral communications to present regulation/policy interpretations, positions and recommendations to clients and leadership for future actions and solutions. Recommendations must be complete, relevant and supportable
- Skill in written communications sufficient to develop and publish internal policy, guides and other acquisition related material
Sound like a fit? Here's why you should apply:
- Security and peace of mind. In the 9 years since Centeva has started we have never had a layoff and have never laid anyone off due to the completion of a contract.
- Career growth and development. We're always being awarded new contacts which means plenty of opportunity for you! You will have opportunities to contribute in different ways and have exposure to many different situations.
- Your voice is heard and you can make a difference. At Centeva, we have a headcount of 84, which means you're an important contributor to our team. Your ideas are heard and your influence can help shape decisions that are made.
- Autonomy and work ownership. We believe in hiring great people and letting them do great work; there's no micromanagement here!
Centeva offers a full array of benefits, following a probationary period, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer matching up to 4% annual contribution